Thread: Alizee live
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

It kind of depends on the performance as to whether or not I'll prefer it over the studio version. However, more often than not, I prefer the live performances of an artist over their studio recorded version. Similar to what Tom said, I like when an artist sings live even if it doesn't sound as "good". An artist's live performance gets so much more respect from me over their studio recorded songs. Singing live is tough and it gives us (the fans) a better look at what a singer's voice really sounds like rather than just what they sound like at their best or behind a bunch of effects, tuning, etc.

So, overall, I prefer live over studio for any artist. Alizée has a beautiful voice and I'd much rather hear it for real rather than a recording of it. Lip synching doesn't take anything away from an artist for me though, especially if they're moving around on stage as much as Alizée did for her other albums. I guess I just like and respect live performances and singing more because they are more unique, real, and are difficult to do.

Last edited by AlizéeInspired; 11-02-2010 at 08:08 PM..