View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile ANNOUNCEMENT - Best of Alizée America

It seems that Alizée America has been around about half a decade, and in that time about 180,000 forum posts have been made - an average of roughly 100 daily. I hope no one's feelings are hurt if I opine that not each posting is worthy of equal attention.

As proud as the record of Alizée America may be, it is hardly the only online "fan club" devoted to the Corsican Fairy. Is it impossible to believe that a thousand or more forum postings may have been made daily for her, in the past, even if not at present?

Should Alizée and her compatriots be so bored that they make time to see what people are writing about her online, how would they make the best use of their limited time? The hypothetical answer is reliance upon an editorial staff, which would reliably separate the wheat from the chaff, and at no financial expense, if possible.

That is why, early this year, I advocated to the Alizée America Gods that they undertake the creation of a forum to which they alone post the Best of Alizée America. This might work in a variety of ways. Forum moderators might themselves make recommendations, or solicit same from ordinary forum members. At the end of a regular period, such as a month, these nominations could be re-examined for their merits and from them selected the actual contributions the administration of the site publishes as the BEST of the month. The Web address of that posting could be advertised by a Twitter tweet, FaceBook wall posting, and so on. That would make it easy for the casual reader of this site, whether an ordinary person, or Alizée herself, to keep abreast of things here.

Sadly, I have not noticed that my suggestion has ever been taken up!. To encourage such an innovation, I invite you to nominate the forum postings of your fellow site members. Feel free to nominate both postings made during the current calendar month and in the past, even if distant. Some of the latter may remain of great interest, and indeed, the passage of time may have even ratified their value beyond that evident upon their genesis.

If enough of you participate, sufficient good material may aggregate here to prod the site administrators to start publishing and advertising a Best of Alizée America forum, merely at the peril of Alizée America's reputation.

Please also feel free to frankly comment upon the merits and follies of the concept proposed here, preferably with an eye to suggesting a scheme worthy of regular attention by both editors and readers!

Thank you for your very kind attention.