View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
i loved the song she sang this past Christmas. this is the style of which i would like for her to continue.
French underground? The people she did UEDS with. I enjoyed it very much... and obviously they all enjoy working together. To bad the combo was a flop commercially.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I think a dance floor album with producers like Redone and Moby Alizée will bust the charts WIDE OPEN!
I agree. And it fits in with the theme of her trying new things. She's never done a pure dance album before. I love a thumping bass beat every now and again... having Lilly MC it would make it awesome.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
I remember mentioning a while ago on a thread (maybe this very one?!) that an epic return to glory after a few years of underachieving on the sales front is possible (France Gall and Meat Loaf were the examples I used).
I know Meat Loaf did it (after going downhill for years) by doing the *same exact thing* he had done before.. epic rock opera. With the same producer. France Gall went almost 10 years without a hit after leaving Gainsbourg before she found popular success again with new people.

Quote:
My advice to Alizée would be to keep on experimenting with different producers and styles until she finds one that both works musically and fits in with where she wants to be and what she wants to do. It will happen I'm certain if she's determined enough to perservere during these years of experimentation and low-ish sales.
I think you are right. I tend to respectfully disagree with folks who think her career will be done if her next album isn't a hit. She's a singer. She is part of the French music "scene" and it's obvious other artists like her and like working with her. She will keep going, and will no doubt be a big hit again. I worry more about us poor obsessed fans than her!

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 01-20-2011 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts