View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Oh, nice thread topic. Fresh. I like it.

You just caused me to watch that video a couple times in a row, so I could reply.

My thoughts..... in part of the video, you see her singing with no clothing... yes, it's just her shoulders, but I got the hope that this character was going to reveal everything... expose herself totally. That is what I got from the image at first... but then the voice and eyes... like stone. A massive wall telling me I would see nothing of the important parts of this person. The exposed skin had no meaning after all.

Take your phrase "detached snootiness"... I think the "Detached" part is dead on. The "snootiness" implys some glimpse inside this character's personality, and I feel we get non of that. Every part of this video implys a person with a impenetrable wall around themselves or the possiblity you are looking at a burnt-out shell of a human being.... or both.

Anyway, I thnk she did a great, understated job on this. I enjoy the fact she totally changed herself for this. Watch the Moi... Lolita video and this together. A few quirks make it through, but two totally different people otherwise. Fine work.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)