View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
This album has grown on me even more recently.

During marching season, on our really long bus drives to Tennessee and other states for competitions, I'd listen to two albums: the soundtrack to Where the Wild Things Are on the way there to get me hyped up, in a good mood, and ready to perform; and UEdS on the drive back to help me sleep and mellow out after all the excitement. They both worked wonders and I associate them with some of the best memories of my life. I'm sticking to the same strategy next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I listen to UEDS a lot in the car. As a matter of fact I listened to it this afternoon.

Occasionally I have music listening nights at my house where each of my friends brings over a CD of their choice. We listen to each one without talking or any other interruptions. We take a brief intermission between each CD. Each of us tries to come up with something really interesting that the others haven't heard. Of course I've used these opportunities to play Alizée, as well as other music. It's a great way to listen to concept albums in particular. I know it probably sounds weird, but we are all musicians and we take our listening very seriously.
Two wonderful positive posts by a couple of the most musically talented people we have here. Thanks so much, both of you.

I hope I get to hear some of the wonderful music you make in the future... that has been inspired by your listening experiences.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)