View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

I would suggest maybe trying these topics out in the chatbox, but it's not nearly as busy as usual. That and you don't get as many people's opinions or say on whatever subject is being discussed there.

I'm all for the idea if the mods and Ben are down. I suppose it would give the forum a little more to talk about, depending on what subjects would be discussed. It seems that these types of discussions and conversations get more feedback and posts as well as provoking a little more thought being put into posts as they often turn into debates. It's good for people to discuss the touchy or sensitive subjects sometimes. As long as people stay fairly respectful towards one another when discussing, I don't see what you're suggesting to be that big of a deal.

However, I don't think this idea will go through. I do vote up though. We could always try it and if it doesn't work, then can it.

The reason why I don't think this will happen is because it would essentially be the same as a discussion being posted in the 'Alizée Discussion' section. The only real difference would be that the discussions in that part of the forum would only be open to members rather than both members and visitors. I don't know that people would know exactly what to post and things could and probably would still get out of hand. While I agree there are some people who are a little more sensitive to some subjects than others, I also can say that there are people who could approach some conversations or discussions a little wiser or with a little more respect to other members.

That being said, if there is to be a sub-forum like this, then I think there should be an emphasis to the members that enter not only on the content, but to be respectful towards other members while discussing. Personal attacks and insults should be saved for PM's and resolved there, if anywhere on the forum.

Also, I think what Aaron means by the forum rules is that we're not really encouraged to post much that could be too offensive, rude, or personal to Alizée. Not that the subjects you have in mind are, but there are topics that could be considered as such.