View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

The forum might be skewing in the wrong direction from what the original founders intended it to be. But they might not be able to do much since taking action could push members and new guys away. It is left pretty much in our hands what happens in this place. And I don't think some people realize they could be making this place look bad, unprofessional, immature, etc. I like that the moderators don't abuse their power in here, but the result is that the newer members have basically taken over. I'd call it the troll generation (some of them are proud of being a troll) and they don't know how their actions make this forum look.

I think one purpose of a private section would be to talk about things that otherwise would shed bad light on this place to the public. I guess the opposite of that would be where the more in depth and mannered discussions happen and then just hope the public sections don't look like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
With what you're implying, I take it that only older members, mods, admins, and a few other hand picked members would be allowed in. Who decides who gets in? What would be the criteria for members to get in? Would personal feelings towards other members be put into play? What happens if it doesn't work out with the "hand picked" members? Judgement shouldn't be passed onto everyone before their actions are taken in a private forum.
I think that the founders and longer standing members have earned the right to make decisions like who gets into a private section or not. I also think people who have been around awhile have proven with their post history how they act and if it applies to what ever a hidden forum would be about. If I was picked or not I'd have to accept it and who knows whether it would be good or bad to get picked or not.

I think new members would understand that you have to earn the right for certain privileges like being a mod for example. In the military you start out as a private and go from there. If privates were given the same privileges as Colonels then things would be catastrophic. It would be no different here. Do you want people creating new usernames every day and going straight into the specialized forum areas to cause trouble?

Last edited by HelixSix; 01-31-2011 at 08:14 PM..