View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I know Im nott super active here, so..if you guys want to ignore this post, go ahead . lol

Just thought of something that may cater to all points made so far. I hope I can have this make sense, and I mean NO offense to anyone who came up with ideas points that I will cover here.

1. Making a section that is limited to certain people, is not a good idea I feel, because of some of the other points that have been made here.

People say that when new members come, and see "her feet-her nose-her abs" threads, they get turned off of the forum, and leave without joining. By making a private section, that only certain members can see, would do nothing but make that situatino worse. Since visitors will be limited to ONLY those "her feet-her nose-her abs" threads, since all the more mature and deep threads, are blocked from them. Which will for sure hurt the new members rate.

2. Making a whole new section for more mature conversations only, is just a tad over the top IMO. Since it would really just add more work for the mods, and would over-complicate things. But I can understand the desire for more mature conversations.

So...one way you could go about that, is adding a new rule to the forum rules. Maybe something like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rule #whatever: MDO
Any thread labeled with (MDO) is meant for Mature Discussion Only. This means that while in this thread, you agree to only discuss and debate in a mature, and civil manner, even if you dont agree with the content/ideas presented.

You will remain respectful to all members, and to Alizée

No attacks on people, ideas, or opinions.

If you are unable to discuss the topic in a civil mature way, then this topic is not for you! Posts that violate this rule may be removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then all you have to do, is title a thread something like "Alizée's Career (MDO)". This way, anyone who enters that thread, knows what they are getting into, and what is expected of them.

With this, people can have their more mature topics and discussions, without having to worry about "fan-boy" responses, the mods dont have even more stuff to worry about , and, anyone and everyone has the ability to join in if they want to!

Again, just a thought.

Last edited by BrianO1; 01-31-2011 at 08:31 PM..