View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Talking More Opinion!

I am going to ask Euphoria directly: Do you know Alizeé? Do you have direct knowledge of this topic or "her"? Vague, grandiose statements bug me somewhat, but please believe me, I'm not trying to start a fight.

Again, I would love to see Alizeé do a more mainstream recording, because my tastes in music were developed in the 60's (Johnny Cash, Bobby Goldsboro, Simon & Garfunkel) through the '70's and '80's (Earth, Wind & Fire, Mothers Finest, Montrose, Motown, Blondie, Pat Benatar, AC/DC, Ozzy, Sammy Hagar (pre/post Van Halen) Billy Squire, Def Leppard and ZZ Top). ((OH! Can't forget Tony Carey's "Planet P Project" - 'Pink World' or Metallica)).

So yeah, my tastes in music run pretty "AOR" or main stream rock/metal. Therefore, the music that Alizeé made with MF/LB appealed to me. Some of you know that my first exposure to Alizeé was audio, not video... I like melodic arrangements and melodic composition. "Mlle. Juliette" and "Never Gonna Leave You" are my favorites of her recent releases.

For my own, personal and entirely *selfish* reasons, I would love a melodic pop/pop-rock album. Now, seeing what Alizeé has put out on the last two albums (more Rap/Electronic influence) it seems to me (could be wrong) that her taste in music doesn't come close to mine. Which is not a bad thing - I've been exposed to more "new music" through my discovery of Alizeé than anything else (including the internet) in the last 30 years...

Still find it hard to believe that the first artist that I take such an interest in is from a foreign land (lol!) speaking a language I don't know... And I would still love to meet her, and attend a concert. Again, purely selfish of me, I *want* her to be commercially successful so that I can see her in concert...

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience