View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:53 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
And Johnny Depp was 25 at the time. I'm thinking he may have developed an illicit crush for Vanessa around that time, ya think? And they have a daughter named Lily. Ok, I'm out, this is just getting wierd.
Weird?? No, no, this is weird... Let me attempt to link Lio, “something crazy in her eyes” and Alizée.

In the early 80’s LB first wanted Lio (first row in the image Bigdan posted) to sing the song “Maman a tort” that would eventually become MF’s first single. He finally selected MF before he even heard her sing a single note, mainly because of her psychotic look... Ohh... and at some point, LB apparently also considered a 15 year old singer, but would have given up on the idea because of legal considerations. It is interesting that 20 years later, he would, with MF, launch the career of then 15 year old Alizée.

And BTW, I think most people give a little too much credit to MF for the really impressive career she has. Without going as far as saying MF provided little to the mix, LB was the main creative force. Although LB masterfully composed most of MF’s music and revolutionized the French music video industry, many people still seem to minimize his contribution because it is MF’s “face” that is associated with the concept. Actually, regardless of what MF’s contributed, LB’s vision was quite elaborated before she even showed up for the audition.

Edit:

Almost forgot, this is a great find Karin. Thanks!

Last edited by Corsaire; 02-15-2011 at 07:10 AM..