View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I agree with Corsaire's point that a lot of views are drawn by sexy images in the thumbnails people see for a certain video. Such as when I first downloaded the video of her performance at the Festival de Alcalá de los Gazule, it was just one video of her two songs ML and JAM. The video I had downloaded was obviously a video someone had copied from a vcr video because it had those lines at the bottom when a vcr isn't tracking properly. (There may have been a better video available at the time but that's not my point right now.) So I decided to crop out those tracking lines and split up the two songs of the video into two seperate videos.

Now when you upload a video to Youtobe, they give you the option of about 4 different thumbnails to pick from in their process . You then pick one to represent your video. Well with her ML song, there was a beautiful thumbnail to pick from as you can see from the video below, but for her jam performance which was just as good, there were no real good ones ( those images of her on the screens behind her, can,t be seen in a thumbnail) and as a result, ML has gotten twice the hits of JAM.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JKU6Yr2BFck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xyw_MoH0HcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think she has a tremendous amount of draw power left from her beauty. She doesn't have to wear the sailor suit to be appealling. I think her looks in this performance in Spain is probably one of her most beautiful looks ( i wish we had this video in a better resolution.) and I think she is still capable of an equally beautiful look if she is willing to wear something that accentuates her beauty as this outfit did as opposed to all the horrible outfits she wore during the Psych era.

Another thing she needs to be successful is to take advantage of that wonderful skill of dancing she developed from numerous years of hard work. No more eye candy on stage as there was with Hung Up. People want to see her dance. Again it doesn't have to be anything elaborate. It could just be like her performance or ML here where she's just dancing in place or Ella Ella, or when she did the medley on New Years eve 2003 again, where she's just dancing in place. As this years Enfoires demonstrated, she is still a joy to watch dance and she needs to put her abilities to good use.

Going back to what could have been in the states. I think all it would have taken was one appearence and Hollywood and the entertainment industry would have fallen in love with her. They would have loved her voice, her beauty, her dancing, the person and the story of Alizee. If MF, couldn't come up with good English songs for her to sing, they would have. They probably would have had her do a duet like Stevie Nicks did with Tom Petty, or Cheryl Crow and Kid Rock, or even another great song that was sung by a two members of the same band,
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CwXKOVH5uYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
They would have found a way to make it work here. Hollywood probably would have loved to seen her in a movie and like I said, all it would have taken is one appearence at the right time, and what I mean by that, it's hard to tell what the political climate in this country back in 2003 would have had. It could have killed any chance she may have had at that time.

Now a days, I think there is still a potential for her to have success here, but she will have to use all her abilities.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-06-2011 at 05:51 PM..