View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, that mistake shocked me and I don't need to make more of it, but I also said that, I know, mistakes happen. Oh well. I'm frankly more concerned about you than about the issue concerning Alizée. As the French might say, bref.

But I stand by my suggestion that these overblown ideas of Mylène trying to send devious messages are kind of crazy (and I'm probably thinking more of other posts than this one). Obviously I don't know Mylène even as well as I could, but having a basic sense of the world tells me that she was simply trying to create a product that was appealing to the masses and to the youth in France and she did a fabulous job with that. I think she had plenty to think about without sending fans (or others) hidden messages and I do assume that she wanted to squeeze everything she could get out of the Alizée phenomenon, make use of it while it lasts. As to who chose what dress, I have also found that to be an intreguing question, but (without reading Mylène interviews) I have no clues. I'm pretty sure that it was Alizée who chose her later garb, such as the dress/pant/tie ensemble for À Contre-Courant. Alizée was so pretty and so cute that she looks great in that dress and everything else in that concert (and the dress is cute) even if the outfits of the women behind her (BigDan post) are more seducing and one might think that Alizée would be a real knock-out in that. Obviously she did wear some really sexy stuff in that concert. The one dress I find just too weird was the poofy one with little pink (candies?) on it.

You have to consider one other thing people. Those concerts were much more full of 11 year old girls than 30 year old guys. Think about it. And who but this magificent trio could pull off making of an adolescent girl a big star adored by as disperse a group as just mentioned? Ok, maybe they weren't as successful as all that, but I stood behind 15 year old girls in line to see Alizée in Mexico and yes I do feel kind of weird about that, but it was such a great experience that it worked and was just fun. Who else has experiences like that? Who else inspires the happenstance of such experiences?

D**n it! Rev beat me to it. :P

Merci Fanny