View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Does the fact that it's a masterpiece make it okay to give to a 15 year old girl to read? I don't think you mean to say that but it does kind of imply that and if it was okay to give to Allizee, should we just maybe give this book to every young girl when they turn 15 and how young a girl would Mylene have given this book to? I'm sure she would have given it to a 14 year old, but the book was about a 12 year old girl. Would she have gone that far?
My feelings are that the only reason to not give this masterpiece to a 15yo girl is that this book is pretty arduous. They often compare Nobokov to Proust.
The style is beautifull but with plenty of inventive vocabulary, and i'm almost sure that the main danger for a 15yo reader is just to be bored and to stop the reading. I could bet that Alizée didn't finish it.

There si no graphic description of any kind and it's much more "dangerous" to read, if it is, for a middle age man than a teen girl.

Mylène talk to Alizée about the character, and give her the book just to be honest with her. This way, she will in the know of what media were meaning when they talk about " lolitas ". Let me remind you that it would have been much more easy for Mylène to hide all the concept to her young singer...
( see the Gainsbourg-Gall collaboration).

Btw, Alizée is not an orphan. She got a mum and a dad and they decide that the concept was ok.
( they have to, since she was under 18 )

Last edited by Bigdan; 03-10-2011 at 03:30 PM..