View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

This was about the dress at some point, right? So...

Roman has provided an example of a “baby doll” dress and people often say that this style is (or was, at the time) popular or point out that Alizée wore more of these dresses later on in her career. Sure, but one also has to look at the dress itself, not just the style. I think there is the “baby doll” style and then there is that particular dress Alizée was wearing. Just like many clothes styles, you can have many different versions of the “baby doll” dress; for children, for adult, sober or flashy colors, see-through... That particular dress Alizée was wearing in the En concert is a children (pre-teen) dress and I don’t really see any possible debate there.

I would say that one reason to have chosen that particular dress was, as pepelepew pointed out, to make Alizée look, well, like a “baby” (or pre-teen)... and I would also add, like a “doll”. There is also, evidently, the titillating possibility that her panties could be partially revealed at some point. That certainly was something attractive for a good portion of Alizée’s fans at the time.

The dress was mainly very well suited for what I believe it was intended for; it fits perfectly some elements from the Gourmandises concept. It brings back the picnic theme of the video; summertime, checker patterns... you can also see what the En concert dancers wear during Gourmandises. It is most effective during for the “loup y es-tu?” part because Alizée does look like the little girl expecting the “wolf” to come out of anywhere and catch her, but she does not seem too eager to run away from it. For those who do not know, “loup y es-tu?” is a children’s game where a hidden “wolf” suddenly comes out of his hiding place to chase and catch the other children.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loup_y_es-tu_%3F (French)

Little Alizée not too scared to be attacked by a “wolf” (also reminiscent of ML)? If you are an adult male, I suppose you know which part you are supposed to be playing while you watch this...

At 3:30, here:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ll37NJi2H7A#t=3m30s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Just because this thread doesn't have the MDO label on it, doesn't mean it's okay to say things of an immature nature.
I never liked the MDO (mature discussion only) idea because it does make it appear like AAm needs that sort of label to have its members behave properly. We should rather aim at mature behaviour in all sections of AAm forums. People who do not respect other members or transgress any applicable rules should be dealt with according to well established procedures. The MDO label is not my idea of a well managed forum.

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-12-2011 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts