View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, I'm sorry if I implied (or stated ) that there was no chance of symbolism or any other reasons for the dress. At least, what I mean is that I think you are probably right. It goes with the Gourmandises theme and like other dresses in the concert, there is the distinct possibility of getting a little look up her dress which is of course appealing to the young males (or not so young) in the audience. Indeed, this is a concert playing to all of her career up to that point which includes Gourmandises which she started working on at age 15 and when she had largely young girls as fans and goes through MCE which she worked on when she was 18 (19 in this concert) and nearing the end of adolescence and arguably her most sexually appealing (certainly as per historical norms). I think that all played into it, but that it's a pretty simple concept. Talking about it and trying to explain it makes it seem more complex than it probably was. I doubt that Mylène and Alizée gave as much thought to all of this than the continued discussions over the past 7 years might suggest.

Finally, I think we should go with Corsaire's explanation and thanks for the link. I didn't know or forgot that it was a children's game. You see, there are so many things that are simple to comprehend and obvious for the French that we might not get because we aren't from that country (not that that really makes much difference to the appreciation of a spunky, sexy, adorable, young woman).

Ok, here's a video just because it made me laugh.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uo2Hb6h4qe4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thanks for the video, Roman. I found it quite enjoyable.