View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile De vraies gourmandises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
azhiri and i have talked this over and we both agree that this is a silly argument. guys, sometimes a dress is a dress is a dress. we say this with love in our hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Lots and lots of love!
<table border="3" align="center" cellpadding="5"><tr><td>We? We?!! FanDeAliFee has a "picnic" imagining a FanDeAliFee "sandwich" </td></tr></table>

I must politely disagree. Let's leave shape aside. I have not yet read anything that dissuades me from believing that the costume designer for Gourmandises chose a checkerboard design so that I would be led to think of the following visual joke:

<table border="3" align="center" cellpadding="5"><tr><td>Mais les baisers d'<big><big><big>Alizée sont de vraies gourmandises</big></big></big></td></tr></table>

Note also that when Gourmandises was performed within En Concert, not only was the Corsican fairy on the menu - so were her four backup dancers. Let's see, one and four makes a total of TEN (sic.) LOL!

If you allow me the liberty of transcending the thread topic of the particular checkerboard dress, I'll opine that costume changes seem to take tactical advantage something closely related to the Coolidge effect. One might also observe that Madonna's repeated career "makeovers" - for which Alizée expressed admiration when she was new to showbiz, and apparently is trying to embrace in her career so far - take strategic advantage of the same phenomenon.

P.S. Many of you know that Ben is active in the "dressnography" industry. I wonder what he thinks.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-27-2011 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: minor text tweak