View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

@ Rob & Sandy -

So glad to see you both back here! Yes, your "origin story" rings true, and reminds me of the "Alizée is Amazing" thread, too, where similar stories have been shared. Basically, we're all in agreement that Alizée has literally helped many of us get out of our funks and and find something to be joyful about. That's powerful magic, there! If only she were more well-known in this country, doctors could prescribe some Alizée music or vids instead of Prozac. (But that's probably the crux of the problem - the giant US drug companies don't want Americans to find out about her!)

So, yes, in many ways, I feel that if John Paul II gets to be a saint, so should Alizée. First.

Like yourselves, I've got a lot of music here, and my favorites were always the Stones, X, Julian Cope, The Who, local bands, and whatnot. (btw, I LOVE Joe Walsh - not so crazy about that Henley guy, tho..) Yet now, they all seem so pale by comparison! I can put on "Exile" or "Who's Next" or "Wild Gift" or "There Goes The Neighborhood" or almost anything, and still find myself feeling that I'd prefer it was "Gourmandises", "MCE", or anything Alizéean!

Mrs. Chuck recently got me a tablet. First thing I did was to load it up with Lili and the link to this website. And no one here was surprised.