View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

You see, dear Emit, what is bizarre about the entire situation is that the easy conceptual stuff from the beginning of the textbook such as that ol' "two blocks attached by rope over a frictionless pulley" bit was a bit difficult for me to grasp...

But as I continued through the book, I found that I excelled at the concepts that the other students struggled more and more in. Namely: electricity, magnetism, electric circuits, electromagnetism, and so on.

You see Emit, I've always been guided by this pattern of struggling with "easy" concepts but helping my peers with more difficult ideas. Remember third grade? When it took me six minutes to complete (with mostly incorrect answers) those Mad Minute Multiplication tests? and how the other students in their third grade minds took it upon themselves to snicker at me sitting in the corner taking your time while the rest of them moved on? And presuming that you do remember, I suspect that you would also remember not much later, me tutoring most of them in the ways of algebraic functions and graphs? And how the same continues on years later, you remember, how I was looked at with disdain when the idea of trigonometric identities simply didn't compute with me, but how when it came to polar graphing, law of cosines and sines, and sinusoidal functions I was always the one looked at with frustrated awe as I always completed my tests correctly in half the time as the rest of the students? Do you remember, Emit?

And I do apologize for my frequent dyslexic mistakes regarding your name.