View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 12:10 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well, it's not just her older work that has sexual connotations. There are plenty of sexual references and double entendres in Psychedelices and UEDS. I've never understood why it was so controversial to ignore the obvious sexuality in her songs, but it also seems as though some people are absolutely oblivious to it. Many times I've seen people discuss the lyrics of J'en ai marre as if it were truly about a girl with a goldfish swimming around her in the bathtub. It just seems odd to me when there is so much sexuality in the media.

Edit:

The problem is that some of the references are quite well, tasteless. At least I think the majority of people here would find them to be too raunchy for discussion, which is why I have avoided it in the past. When the puns are clearly overtly sexual, how is one supposed to know how appropriately sugar coat the meaning? Why do we have to sugar-coat it at all when it is impertinent to understanding the song?
Damn it is already happening! Actually the word mature probably would have been a better word than taste or respectful. In other words keeping it accurate without embellishing. I don't find any of it raunchy at all. It is what it is.