View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
One thing I would like to say is that Aaron, I wish you had contacted a mod with your concerns before taking it into your own hands and PMing Fan yourself. While I don't necessarily disagree with all of what you said in that private message, I think that is really something that is best left to a mod. I'm not getting onto you, I'm just saying this for future reference. <3
It made more sense to me(and still does) to talk to FanDe myself and try to work it out with him one on one before nagging the mods to take care of it. It's sort of like how eBay Buyer Protection and Paypal take care of their problems; they ask the 2 ebayers to work the problem out among themselves, and if an agreement can't be reached then eBay and Paypal come on in and solve the problem. Sorry for the random example but it best fits the matter at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Now, honestly, and this is only my opinion, we have a bit of a "pick your poison" situation. However, it really only depends on all of you and the way YOU choose to handle it.

I think that given this forums track record when it comes to mature/sexual discussions of any kind for the most part, an attempt to discuss sexuality without personally involving Alizee herself or her family will more likely than not escalate into a giant argument. That is a reason to further censor these discussions. It's sad, but it's the reputation we have set for ourselves and now we have to reap what we've sown.

However, if we decide to keep censoring certain topics, we could potentially lose significant contributing members of the forum (we all saw what happened with Fan) who may lose interest or feel that they are being unfairly silenced..
I think you're right on your observation that it is indeed a "pick your poison" situation: censor discussions and gain members or not censor discussions and slowly lose members...

Edit:

PLEASE VOTE IN THIS POLL THREAD PARTAINING TO THIS MATTER:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6384

Last edited by User22; 05-16-2011 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts