View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
Confusing doesn't even begin to describe it.

I am still stuck to the theory about the big bang that it will continue to expand for several more billions of years, and then when all the stars eventually fade and all the heat energy that is present today disappears a contraction will occur. This would in turn create a gravitational singularity, "rebooting" the universe and creating a new big bang. If he manages to disprove it I'm impressed, and I sure hope that he proves one beginning of a universe so that all of those people that says "it can't have come from nothing!!!" will shut up.

Carl Sagan was a genius that died too early, but at least his thoughts are documented in books, most of which I am proud to possess.

It is not silly, Sagan was a genius that I would love to have as a professor, I would gladly change country just to have that privilege. Sadly it is no longer possible, so America has lost all of the appeal it had on me.
Well the energy itself never disappears remember energy is conserved and can never be created nor destroyed. Also I don't think he is disproving it, he amending it a bit but the "something from nothing" argument is false. There was always "something" and that something being dark matter ... the building block to our universe. Hawking explained it in detail a lot of which is way beyond my knowledge.
Yea he was but hey, a part of him will virtually live forever. A drawing he drew of mankind carved in gold on voyager will last till the end of time.
Im sure his ideas, fundamental to humans space exploration, will also immortalize him!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!