View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I love "The Wall" and "Dark Side of the Moon" as well. I have tried matching "The Wizard of Oz" up with TDSOTM out of curiosity and have seen these “synchronicities”, and it does seem rather eerie to me. But the skeptic in me also noticed there was a lot of time where nothing synchronizes.

Looking into it further, the drummor of Pink Floyd, Nick Mason, has said that the album had nothing to do with TWOZ. The engineer on the project, Alan Parsons, said no one in the band ever mentioned TWOZ during the recording, and the rooms they worked in at Abby Road Studios lacked the facilities to watch or synch anything to film. Furthermore, the songs on the album were recorded out of order and during 2 separate sessions. Therefore, I have to conclude that this is all a very interesting coincidence.

I remember listening to one of my favorite albums with some friends one day. We had the TV on with the sound turned off. They were showing a documentary on egg production and processing, and the "synchronicities" were uncanny. One also must consider the human brain's ability to recognize patterns and "synchronicities", even if they are not real or not intended. Either way, I find music can sometimes be enhanced by watching video along with it, even if the video doesn't seem like it would have any connection at first to the music. And of course sometimes it just doesn't work.

If nothing else, experimenting with playing music along with seemingly unrelated video can be quite entertaining, and when you happen upon a number of "synchronicities", it can be really interesting.