Thread: Youpidoo day
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 06:17 AM

Omikron is on a distinguished road

So it wasn’t my last note all right. No triumphant wisecracks please.

Seapaddler, I’m fully with you—all I meant was I’m back to normal. So here’s me stepping back to take some perspective.

Alizée found me defenseless in a very vulnerable period of my life and I fell victim right away. Closest to my musical taste is Trent Reznor—now imagine the swerve and utter puzzlement she brought on albeit it was clearly the combination of her voice and looks that got me hooked. I’m positive no one else could have touched me with music of this sort, but she blew me away hopelessly. And so my obsession began and kept raging wild till I finally sobered up. Funny I’m still attracted to her music—I guess my mind just can’t part my personal and musical preferences.

Looking back, I find it odd fans include others than 14-year old French schoolgirls and twentysomething male love pariahs. In fact, it makes me wonder in what state you guys were first exposed to her for I have a lurking suspicion it’s the ‘En Concert / La Isla Bonita’ Alizée most of us will always be in love with.