View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 07:13 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Generally speaking, this show could be great exposure for Alizée. It would probably demand a lot of her time though, and I don't know if she would be willing to do that. Especially if she's also working on a new album. I'm assuming that this show will run for a whole season and she would need to be available for the whole thing.

The other issue, at least on the American version of "The Voice", the coaches or judges do some live performing with their team members. This hasn't always been Alizée's strong point and she'd have to really practice and prepare for that in order to make a good impression. I'm recalling that appearance on Star AC when she did MJ live. That didn't do much to elevate her reputation as a great live singer, even though I feel there were some technical difficulties that may have contributed to the situation.

But I think she would make an excellent mentor, coach and teacher. She always seems to do her homework and know exactly what's supposed to be going on in a production. And she seems to have a great rapport with people when she is in "instructor" mode.
The album can wait if necessary. The show would give her a huge boost.

Yes. Live singing is a weak area. However, there is a difference between appearing once and appearing every week. As a "regular" she can insist that mics be appropriate for her (as well as loud enough for her soft voice) and music be within a range that she is strongest in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Yeah. I think Alizee is a "by-the-book" kind of girl. Just like what Brian01 said during Les Enfoires, she's always there to help her fellow artists out. Even during the Waka-Waka dance, Amel Bent and Michele Laroque seemed to be looking over to Alizee for the next move. And compared to Nolwenn, who was adding her own moves and seemed to be just having fun (which in itself was also endearing), Alizee was all business.

I really haven't watched the Americal version of The Voice. But even if the format were the same as American Idol, Alizee could be the "Paula Abdul" of the show - sweet, always positive and the counter balance to Simon...
In the various numbers Nolwenn was lost much of the time. When she was next to Alizée she keyed off her, but when she was not she often made multiple errors and then, once she figured out what was going on, tried to finish with a flourish.

In fact, by watching the difference between Nolwenn and Alizée on stage, I think we have some good insight into what Alizée really is. Even though Alizée calls herself a singer, I think if you look at the difference between Nolwenn and Alizée it becomes clear what she really is: Nolwenn is a singer (and just a singer) while Alizée is a performer.

... now, if she will just realize this and adjust her career as appropriate I think she will take off...

Last edited by Rev; 07-30-2011 at 07:15 PM..