View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Really, but then I guess the US would never import shows from the UK like they do in Canada. Over the years we have gotten all kinds of crazy stuff, Mr Bean, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Bottom, etc, usually the stuff you got stuck watching when you worked the night shift (say what you want about British comedy but it beats infomercials)

We in the States get a fair amount of BBC programming here eventually, usually through PBS. Without it I may have never originally become an anglophile. My screen name is shortnening of Captain Frank Hollister from Rew Dwarf. I'm also a huge Blackadder fan (I think it's Rowan's best work) and for online shooters I use E_Bl4ck4dder. Britcoms I've seen on PBS off the top of my head: Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Chalk, Yes Prime Minister, Fawlty Towers, Ab Fab, As Time Goes By, Butterflies, Keeping Up Appearaneces, Monty Python, 'Allo 'Allo, My Hero, Mr. Bean, and a few others I can't remember the titles of. Coupling and The (original) Office have also been brought here successfully on DVD (which I own, in addition to Red Dwarf). So I will say what I want about British comedy: I really like it . Speaking of imports, I also watch Red Green.

Last edited by CFHollister; 12-13-2006 at 02:40 PM..