View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
but truely, who really cares what the MEDIA thinks, half of what they say is False anyways. do they ever get things right.
If I were an artist, my goal would be to have all the big reviewers rave about my albums. I personally have never bought an album or seen a movie without checking my favorite critic's take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
LOL im sorry I was a little harsh. Look man, Alizee sings for a "career" not a "job" or a "hobby." That is not to say she wont venture into a new career, but right now singing is what she does and it her primary source of income that she needs to support her family. That's not saying Jermey doesn't pull in anything either, he does, but bills need to be paid and it is a big deal if her career fails... very big deal!
The media judges her last album harshly because it honestly wasn't good, simple as that!
For a musician, a "career" is a lifestyle. I'd say that while making music and keeping up appearances full-time like Alizee used to during the MF years, she'd probably be lucky to have just a weekend to herself between rehearsals, studio time, vocal coaching, dance, interviews/appearances, meetings, and then touring. Since she's grown and has experience under her belt, I'm sure it's far less hectic, but a "career" of music-making would still be a ridiculous amount of work to ask of a woman with a husband and child. Especially when, for Alizee, family comes first.

This is just what I think: it's becoming apparent that music is not a career for Alizee anymore, it's a hobby that she does because she enjoys it, and she knows that her followers enjoy it. Not because she has to. It doesn't appear to be very big on her priority list and it seems unlikely to me that she'll ever tour on as grand a scale as she did during MF-LB, or even Psyche.

I used to be very adamant that she should tour all over the world again, and make tons of money selling albums and become a huge name in entertainment again, but now that I step back and think about it in the context of the rest of her life, I just don't think that's what she wants anymore. I don't want to put words in her mouth, but that's the way I see it, and it's okay with me.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée