View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 06:29 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
4 year hiatus is what "killed" her career (I don't think it's quite dead yet). MCE was starting to move away from the super sexy image, remember she only performed J'en Ai Marre in the sailor suit a handful of times. And while J'en Ai Marre is probably her most memorable performance, it certainly was not her best selling single. A lot of fans of Mylene is what originally made them fans of Alizee - she just did not have enough time to really establish her career and a strong fan base before she left for so long.

I wonder if spending so much time out of the limelight has made her shy. I think performances really boost her confidence and make her happy, which is why I really want to see her at the top again. I can imagine it's difficult to find that balance of busy career and personal/family time, but it is possible.

100% agree. 4 years out and a vague new positioning create a big trouble in her carrer.
I though the same thing about her "shyness", as I remembered her performance at the Hotel de ville in Paris (JEAM 2003)and the seeming self confidence she had, at this period.
Nowadays she feel sometimes uncomfortable, with her voice but with her body too. ( in comparison with her Mylène period I mean).