View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

The main dilemma with me is right now, I cannot buy handgun ammo. So .45, .357, or .44 lever actions are out of the question. It isn't often that I see a 30-30 that is decently priced and happens to look exactly the way I want. Had I found that before I bought my Weatherby, I would have bought it then and there.

Edit:

On an unrelated note, me and some guys from work last night played a little game during lunch. It was if you could only own 5 guns in a disaster/survival situation (gov't breakdown, invasion, zombie apocalypse, etc.), what would they be and why? Thought it might be interesting to try here.

My five were:

1. SIG P226 9mm - They are reliable, built tough and accurate. Plus 9mm can be found pretty much everywhere.

2. Winchester Model 70 .308 - Good for long range shooting/hunting. Plus these are battle tested rifles that are extremely accurate.

3. SIG 556 5.56 -A more reliable AR platform good for self-defense.

4. Remington 870 12 ga. - Reliable shotgun with readily available parts and common ammunition. Good for hunting or self defense.

5. Ruger 10/22 .22 - Good for small game hunting, and ammo is really light and plentiful. Plus the 10/22 is a common gun, with easy to find parts and customizations.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 11-01-2011 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts