View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
For me it definitely does. Everything about her has an exotic feel as some have said. I dig it, and it has also expanded my taste and openness for music/discovering new music. 3 cheers for Zée! What a find!

If Alizée ever reads this post, just wanna say, you're awesome! Thanks for everything!

I second everything Fall said. I've also looked at a lot more non-English-speaking singers and musicians since discovering Alizée. But mostly, I gravitate towards the French singers. (It's almost like they're English, but from a parallel universe!

I also know a lot of German, but do I want to hear a bunch of Germans? No, never cared for it. (Maybe it's cuz my dad used to raise us on polkas and oompah music when I was young, it was horrible)

I also know a lot of English, and I still like a lot of English-speaking music, as long as it isn't modern American pop.

Come to think of it, there's a lot of great Arabic pop out there. And if it's from Algeria or Tunisia or somewhere, there's usually some French in one or two of the songs.

And India's music can be extremely cool. But since the Beatles, I hardly need to remind anyone. Yet I do it anyway. ^^,

But Italian? Portuguese? Greek? Russian? Chinese? I'd rather talk to them than listen to their music. Or let me order their food.

Everyone's ears and tastes in music are different, of course, and I'm no exception. But when I say French music is pretty good, and Alizée is one of the better French singers still out there, well I hope you won't all disagree.