View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:14 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Alizee has great music on all of her albums. GOURD' sold the most because of the way it was promoted, as a LOLITA image. they didnt promote ALIZEE the person, but ALIZEE the MYTH, and the music catored to a younger audience.

While the MCE Album catored to a much broader selection of fans and not so much Lolita Image. it promoted more ALizee the person, and had more of a range of songs from POP, ROCK, and SOFT ROCK. My opinion, the music on MCE is better quality.

PYSCHE ALBUM was her first personal album and wasnt promoted to be a Lolita Image. It was promoted to be just that, MUSIC, and Every song is good. give her credit. But they were songs that did not go well with the younger audience which makes up 75% of the fan base for most singers.

UEDS was totally different and what Alizee wanted the most. she wanted to experiment, and I give her the credit for doing so. and I enjoy this CD more than the first one as far as its style.

regards to Alizee split with MF/LB - my opinion is this, Alizee is a very SHY-QUIET person, and perhaps she didnt like all the "GLORY" that went with being popular, not saying she didnt enjoy it, but perhaps being popular is not her goal. Just the fact that she likes performing smaller crowds and at her own pace says alot about her Personality, which I love. And the fact she is raising a kid. She gets the best of both worlds.