View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 03:09 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée fans country by country

This is quite an interesting and passionate topic and I would love to have an opinion from various countries all over the world as to the number of fans they believe are in their country and why they think so.

There seems to be some confusion... no wait... there IS confusion over the definition of a fan. What is a fan? It has a different meaning depending on who you ask.

1. Can someone be a fan and not buy her music?
2. Can someone be a fan and not register at a fan forum?
3. Can someone be a fan and not give an opinion and be silent about it? Content in their mind they like something and that's good enough. A "closet fan" so to speak, lol
4. Can someone be a fan and just sit on the fence not doing anything at all?

After careful consideration and great thought, in my opinion there are roughly one million Alizée fans here in the USA.

USA- 1,000,000 fans

Here is why?

1. Brad has received about 86,000 unique visits on this website. How many are american visits? I'm guessing most are. That means all are at least interested.
2. YouTube, Google, DailyMotion, MetaCafe and other media video sites all have Alizée libraries of her videos now.
3. World of Warcraft- there are approximately 1.5 million North American subscribers( I realize this includes Canada) out of the 7 million total subscribers-

http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/profile.shtml

Out of the 1.5 million North American subscribers, no doubt most know that the Night Elf dance is modeled after the french singer Alizée

4. A multitude of websites that I believe are of american origin sell Alizée products and have links and avatars and signatures and images of Alizée floating around their websites. Example: Amazon.com, Ebay, various fan websites including this one, Superior Pics, Dainews, Digg etc...
5. There are approximately 300 million people currently living in the united states. The fact that this is a relatively large country gives credit to my one million Alizée fan total.

Of course the bottom line is album sales and that's the only thing that really matters in the business world from which the career of Alizée is dependent upon.

This is just my humble opinion and as always... I could be wrong, lol

Represent your country and give a rough estimate as to the number of Alizée fans you think are in your country and why.

Last edited by Matrix; 12-21-2006 at 03:40 PM..