View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 03:54 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
Does is sound more realistic worded as: "Does one out of every 300 people know about Alizée?"

...and imho, being a fan has nothing to do with the money spent, if you truely enjoy listening to that person, and consider yourself to be a fan, you are a fan; wallet size nor anybody else should have any say in deciding for you.
QFT. And no, I don't think 1/300 people know about Alizée, yet alone consider themselves fans. 300 people may sound like quite a large number, and you'd think at least 1 would have heard of Alizée... But you'd be surprised. There are a lot of people out there who know (of) a lot of things but there are also a lot of people out there who don't know (of) a lot of things...

Very, very tough question. For Australia, I'd like to think in the thousands and even tens of thousands, but I'm afraid I'll have to stick with an answer of mere hundreds (I could be completely wrong... and I hope I am). The part that burns me most is to think that hardly ANY people I've come across in the past month know who Alizée is. VERY few have heard of her , and those who have ("Hey she's that french chick right?"), have no idea why they know her. Such a minute number have heard of her, an even smaller number know who she is, and for such a very small number already, an even smaller number would consider themselves a fan. It saddens me to say these things, and I hope that someone can come along prove me wrong, but something I am certain of is that Alizée's fan-base down under is almost non-existent.