View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:25 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

There are up-tempo songs that are 50+ years old and most likely never heard by a lot of people today who are not that old, or who live in Europe and have not heard them ever.

This makes them fresh material if the production is updated to make the song timeless, much as Linda Ronstadt used to do.

They could be sung in French, or English, and due to the beat, would be dancable and are very commercial. These songs did very well when they were first introduced.

"Everybody's Somebody's Fool" by Connie Frances comes to mind. "It's Up To You" by Ricky Nelson is another medium tempo, commercially successful song which has a great melody and words.

A more straight ahead rock song, which could be sung by either a man or a woman, that has a great beat is "Red Hot" by Robert Palmer.

I listen to music from a commercial standpoint, as that is what I was called upon to play and record. I just naturally hear whether it is commercuial or not from doing so much of it. I cannot help this, as I have been doing it for so long.

To cover songs already done by other artists, but in an updated way, has helped other, younger artist's carreer's flourish. The choosing of the songs, however, will be up to the record company and not the general public. So while we each have songs in mind, which we would love Alizée to cover, her fate ultimately rests in other's hands, and tastes.

Last edited by C-4; 03-07-2012 at 06:27 AM..