View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:43 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Speaking of CSI and of someone who has way too much on his hands; actually I did this on a slow night at work. Most of the pictures she has been posting lately have been from what looks to be a small area of Ajaccio. So I looked at Google earth street view and some of my pictures to figure out where this sidewalk cafe was.

The key element was it was apparently on the road running along the coast. As with the picture of the rings mentioned before, I believe the picture was flipped. Then there was what looked to be some type of white tower in the background off to one side. Upon blowing it up, I could see it was a building who's outline I highlighted, along with a building next to it.

Some other clues is the shape of the fence at the cafe and the pattern of the tiles (?) on the ground.

A big clue should be mountains in the background, but sometimes they can they can be hidden in the glare such as what is visible in one of the lenses of her sunglasses.
There are 2 areas in this section of Ajaccio that have a group of sidewalk cafes. The one I labeled #1, I thought was the most likely because it would put a group of building off to the right, but I couldn't quite match it up.

Bottom line is I wasted my time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-25-2012 at 02:30 PM..