View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I agree that she is less special now that she has covered herself with all that ink. Think about it, the reason so many people were drawn to her was because she seemed like the antithesis to the drinking/partying, "material worshipping" type of pop star we see nowadays. She had a very "less is more" approach to sex appeal, or at least her team did. I understand why someone would be turned off as a longtime fan by all the new decisions she's been making.

Well put. The vibe I've always had from her was that she was always so "pure" and "natural." She's was the first woman that made me think, "oh my God, this is someone I would be proud to bring home to meet my family. Holy crap she's so sweet." That's what drew me to her, so you're right. For someone who previously listened to ONLY heavy metal, she was a major influence on forcing me to become more open minded. Since Alizée, I've definitely had a greater appreciation for other genres of music such as pop, and at some point, even found it hard to go back to listening to anything heavy since it no longer fit my mood anymore. Now that she has gotten all this body art, it just makes me question whether her entire image during the 2000-2004 run was manufactured. If so, MF & Company, you got me. You got me good, especially since I've never felt this way about any celebrity before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Well... there were quite a lot of Alizée forums back in 2004... In fact more than there are nowadays...
We only can imagine what would happen if youtube, facebook, google, etc... were there at the time Alizée was a really big star twelve years ago..

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6854
You're probably right. But the thing is, if youtube, facebook, etc were as big then as they are now and it somehow made her an even bigger star, I might not have liked her as much. I think I indulged in having her as my little secret. I liked the fact that she was low key.

Seriously though, those damn tattoos defiled her beautiful body. Why not limit those things to certain ideas that can be hidden? How will she wear a pretty dress now with Sailor Moon or whatever popping out her arm? WTF??!

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q

Last edited by Rictor; 05-29-2012 at 06:29 PM..