Thread: E3 2012
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the AC series, but that only because I'm not a big fan of the time period they take place in. Revolutionary war would be quite interesting to see, as would a western setting. An Assassin with duel six shooters? Yes please or maybe a ancient Japanese setting. Samurai era. But I don't know the story of the games, so maybe hat wouldn't work out.
A Japanese setting eh? That'd make a pretty sweet game. Great setting, interesting time period and culture, the plot could be awesome, an Eastern perspective on the Templar-Assassin conflict... The only obstacle is Ubisoft would have to replace Desmond (the main descendant of the past two main characters of the games), as I highly doubt he has Japanese ancestry.

At the midnight release of Revelations I was talking to these guys about where the series could go. I was really hoping for a game taking place during the French Revolution, but we all later agreed that the American Revolution was most likely, and that the story would be colonization of the new world being a Templar effort and the revolution would be an Assassin-led counterattack. I was really expecting the protagonist to be black, though. I could see him being the ol' slave child, father killed and mother sold away, he escapes and joins the Assassin cause... but I suppose a Native American works just as well. Maybe better, an former slave Assassin could possibly be too similar to Ezio in regards to his goals of "vengeance."

I'll send you a complete timeline later, starting from Adam and Eve to Dec 21.

(That's not a joke. It really starts with Adam and Eve, the first Assassins. Pretty odd that the first Assassins gave birth to Cain, the first Templar, eh?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
You will definitely get more than you asked for, Jalen doesn't get tired of talking about those games.
I don't. Ever.