View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:45 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was laying in bed last night, doing a little channel surfing before I went to sleep when I came across the movie "The Bodyguard". I'm sure you're all familiar with it. It stars Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. What an incredible voice Whitney had. The music video from this movie was in the top 10 of my all time favorites. I think Kevin Costner is a great actor. I'm a big fan of his movies. As much as I liked the video and as big a fan as I was of both of these celebrities, I never cared to watch the movie. Now I enjoy this type of move which is classified as a romantic thriller, but the reason I never wanted to watch it is I saw ads for it and the type of singer she portrayed, was so opposite of why I first came to love Alizee. The singer Whitney portrayed had so much bling I guess you call it, she he was so Hollywood, where Alizee was just pure, natural beauty. Seeing it made me think a lot about Alizee so I watched it and it was a good movie.

This movie was on the Sundance channel. It mostly airs independent fims, documentaries, etc. Well a show came on after this called "The Push Girls". It's a series where they follow the lives of 4 pretty young women in California who for various reasons, became wheel chair bound. I watched it and again this show made me think about what is going on with Alizee. They had something we all take for granted and they lost it, but certainly not by their own choice. Now that it's gone, I'm sure they truely appreciate what they had. Though they all seem to have a great outlook on life, I'm sure, they'd do anything to get it back.

I had been doing so much thinking about Alizee during these two shows. but the real kicker and the real irony came after this show ended. I had to see a man about a horse, so I got up and left the room, but I could still hear the tv. Now the Sundance channel doesn't have commercials, but in between shows, one thing they do is show previews of upcoming shows, so when I was in the next room, I heard the unmistakable voice of Alizee singing Moi Lolita. It was an ad for the movie " A Good Year". By the time I got back to the room, the ad was over. It's so awesome to hear Alizee's voice on American t.v. By the way, the movie is on tonight at 8pm. Here is the trailer for the movie from youtube, part of which is probably what was being played during that ad.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LGmXc7zqr7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-12-2012 at 02:11 PM..