View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I think she's probably desperate to connect with today's generation of music listeners... her latest album tried to follow the current pop trends to appeal to my generation (I think we're Generation Z?) and it FLOPPED big-time. It's a shame, she has made her mark in music and will be remembered always, she doesn't need to prove anything to today's industry - but she tried anyway and it was underwhelming.

I sure hope Alizee has the sense to recognize that and returns to what she is really good at instead of being a follower and catering to trends that don't suit her as a performer. Innovation, not imitation!
I disagree on that. The reason I respected her so much is because she branched out into the music she wanted to make, rather than what she is doing right now which will likely be traditional pop.

I had no problem with her albums not doing so good because she did it her way and wasn't puppet lolita part 2 like so many wanted her to be...and still would want her to be if she hadn't got all the tattoo's. If the tattoo's are for that purpose my respect meter goes way up again since those fans have been so rude over the years being side-seat driving wannabe career managers thinking they know more about her than she does.