View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Yes we are assuming it will take place at the Virgin Mega store in Paris. As Brian pointed out, to have this happen again would be a miracle. I anticipate this album will do well. I think with it's initial promotion before it's release, it will becomoe a new album that will be in big demand in France. If that's the case, they may anticipate a large crowd at the next signing which might make it unlilkely they can accommodate us, even if they want to and if they do, it might happen in a different form. They could possibly say "Give us a list of the names you want signed to the cds and the day after the signing, you can pick them up at the VMS" or they might say a similar thing with the addition of "for a fee of so many dollars (euros), we will have them shipped to a central location in the U.S.".

As Brian mentioned, we will be contacting Sony for this instead of the VMS for reasons that will be revealed later.

Last time 50 cds was the target level. There were a few members who for various reasons, did not want their names released, but there were members in here who were "demanding" all the names be posted. We are going to set a target of 100 cds (one to a customer please). One of the mods will be posting a list of names, but once we have reached our goal, don't expect a list of all 100 names. One of us will provide a map of "potential" recipients. Maybe we will use the same map that I believe it was Doc provided before.

Like we did before, we will be asking members to just ask for a single word name to be signed on the cd. If she is nice enough to do this for us again, we want to make it as easy as possible for her.

As far as cost, last time it was about $31 (23.50 for the cd and the rest for shipping). I anticipate a higher price this time, but I'd say it wont cost more than 35 including shipping.

Of course we don't want any money until we know that this will happen. Preferred method of payment will be Paypal. We didn't receive much notice last time of when the autograph session would be held and I guess we can not make our request to them until we know when and where. So that will leave little time for collecting money. If recipients agree to use paypal and if we have your e-mail address, we can quicklly send you a paypal bill.

Of course other methods of payment will be accepted such as cash or money order.

As we mentioned before and will keep mentioning, the odds of this happening again I think are infinitely small. Don't get your hopes up! But we will give it a try.

One other thing I'd like to point out is the last time this happened, in the letter they sent to Ben, if my memory serves me correctly, it said " Alizee would be doing this for her American fans". That was something that I'm sure was said because of the name of this forum, but some members got the idea that only American fans would get cds. Some of our most dedicated members and fans come from outside of America and any person who is a member of this forum can request an autographed cd.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-19-2012 at 10:47 AM..