View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I wish the US was more like India! Here in the US kids rule the classroom doing whatever they want including spitting, hitting, and cursing the teacher and the teacher and the teacher cant doing anything back. When the teacher does call the parents the parents say when the kid is in school "they are your problem" and when the kids come home they do whatever they want and their parents let them get away with it! Both my parents are NYC school teachers, my mom is still teaching and my dad retired a few years ago. My mom told me a student said "fuck you you dumb blond leave me alone" to her last month and pretty much nothing was done to the kid! Teachers have no control of students in the class room here in our country and that is a big part of to the reason as to why the US education system is slipping in the world rankings.
And I always wanted Indian schools to be bit more liberal. Main problem is that you can't go to any of those extremes.

Too much liberty can easily guide kids in wrong direction. There is no limit for punishing anyone. Sometimes it can be cruel and inhumane which is common in at least those states where I spent my childhood. Punishments were main reason why I disliked my school where I studied from class 6th to 10th (not that I was punished for misbehaving, lol).

It's important to maintain a balance between two. As long as parents and teachers keep doing their duty at every level (that's very important), everything will be good. You can close your eyes for few years and then suddenly try to discipline anyone with stick. That just doesn't happen.

Btw, some of those examples do surprise me. I have seen some of the worst students of my town and I don't think event they dared to speak to anyone like that.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 06-21-2012 at 04:08 PM..