View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
Yea we got the idea, but seriously, none of the things you wrote above would work here, no matter how hard you try, nothing would work.
People don't buy old broken stuff, because there is soo many new things in stores so no one bothers with old stuff. People don't even let you to wash their cars, because they can just wash it themselfs. Cookies and lemonade... well, let's say if someone knocked on my door and tried to sell me some cookies it would be quite weird and I'd never buy anything from someone who just knocked on my door.

This is different world, it works completely different way... don't try to understand, we don't try to understand your world either
Well let me try to explain a bit.

Car washes are generally an event to raise money for some sort of charity, not to get money for personal reasons. You can see in the following photo why a person might be motivated to allow someone else to wash their car.

Lemonade and cookie stand. Something that little kids do on a hot, summer's day in their front yards. It's a throwback from many years ago and something I don't see often. I don't know if these kids ever make any money. Not a good plan for raising money for an Alizée CD.

So you see, these things are real in America, but they are not something you would do to raise money for a CD.

Sorry for the somewhat off topic post, but I felt the need to clarify.