View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
A really intelligent guy, going through a bit of a rough patch, very reserved, obviously not right in the head, was concerningly cold and calculating when planning and executing this, is it that hard to believe that he might actually be, at least, a Joker?
I'm not sure what exactly to think about this part. He dyed his hair and dressed himself from head to toe for this shooting. I think in his mind he is an anti-hero for his generation. When he (allegedly) said, "I'm the Joker", I don't think he meant he was literally supposed to be emulating THE Joker. I think he was trying to say that he was the Joker of his town, his time. And he very well could be.

Quote:
For him to have rigged up his apartment, he fully intended to be caught. He wants to be researched and investigated. He wants an audience, an audience for exactly what I'm very interested in knowing once this story develops to that point.
Here's a quote from one of my favorite movies (and books), We Need to Talk About Kevin.

"It's like this: you wake up in the morning.. and you watch TV. Then you get in your car and listen to the radio. You go to your little job or your little school, but you don't hear about that on the 6 o'clock news, why? 'Cause nothing is really happening, and you go home and watch some more TV. Maybe, if it's a fun night, you go out with your friends and watch a movie. I mean... it's gotten so bad that half the people on TV - inside the TV - THEY'RE watching TV. What are these people watching? People like me."

The character who said that was the main focus of the book/movie. He committed a mass shooting at his school. The story is fictional, but I'd say that if I had to take a stab at the mindset, personality, and inner workings of a person like James Holmes, my answer would be something like that quote.

You should read that book, or if you're strapped for time, watch the movie.

Quote:
On a side note, how did he acquire equipment like bulletproof armor and a ballistics helmet? I thought such items were only available to law enforcement and enlisted servicemen? I once looked into buying a ballistics helmet (to satiate my civilian-minuteman-I'mgoingtobepreparedwhenithitsthefan urge), and every outlet I found (granted I didn't look too hard) were extremely restrictive with their helmets, ballistic plates, etc.

That's a good question. Reports are saying he purchased his weapons from sporting goods stores. I'll admit that I know literally nothing about gun control laws in this country, but the fact that this 24-year-old with no hunting license or military background was able to obtain this stuff is troubling to say the least.

Quote:
and lastly. A movie theater on opening night? They're just people who share a common passion strong enough to see the premier... admittedly I'm not exactly the biggest DC fan in the world, but I don't see why he saw this technically small and insignificant as fitting for his purposes.
I think he just knew there would be a lot of people there. This is the last installment of a trilogy of what's considered by many to be not only the best superhero movies ever made, but a few of the best and most relevant movies ever made. That's debatable but the point is that this movie is huge and the theater was packed, and he knew it would be so.

Another thing to consider - a few witnesses said that when he first opened fire, some people thought it was part of the show. People outside the theater thought the gunshots were coming from the movie. Maybe that factored into his decision.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well, to me that sort of thing seems planned, which points to more deep seated psychological problems than just going crazy.
I don't doubt that the whole thing was meticulously planned for months.

Here's something disturbing that was found:

http://12160.info/forum/topics/is-th...ltfriendfinder

Quoted from that site:

1) The page indicates this user is a 24-year-old male and is roughly 6’0″ in height. That is his age and approximate height.

2) The username “ClassicJimbo” includes Jim, which is a common short-hand for James.

3) The user lives in Aurora, Colorado.

4) The user is a “Gold” member, which seems to mean he could not have signed up just today (if this were a Reddit hoax).

5) The user’s personal bio quote is: “Will you visit me in prison?” This fits neatly with the fact that he gave up to police without incident, seemingly all part of a plan (almost too much so).

6) The most important corroboration of all: the page includes a profile shot of the user with dyed red hair, as Holmes was reported to have upon apprehension after the shootings. Check out the profile picture below, with side-by-side comparison to the official photo released to the press earlier today:

-----------

This is the first big tragedy I've ever really been "around" for - meaning old enough to really understand and grasp what's going on. It's truly fascinating to me and I've been following the case closely. My thoughts are with the people injured, and the families of those who were killed. I hope someone can get to the bottom of why this happened, or at least get somewhat close.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 07-20-2012 at 11:36 PM..