View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Alizée's career... Did anything go wrong, or as others have said, did it just evolve? She said she was playing a role, and that it wasn't the real her? (MF/LB days) I'll go along with the playing a role. She was playing the role of a successful recording artist. She was on the radio, doing tv appearances and interviews, had music videos, received awards, sold records, performed live throughout Europe and had a concert tour.

Movie stars play roles too. You don't see the real person in a movie. Buy if they can find the roles to play that get them more work, they get to be 'successful.' If that's what they want.

I've seen a few videos of Alizée that I thought did show the real her. The Star à Domicile episodes seemed to show a certain Alizée. I thought I saw a certain Alizée at the M6 Awards in 2000 video when she won Best New Artist.

I also find it hard to believe that she had no idea there were various meanings to the lyrics back then until M. Chatelain came along. Might her parents have figured it out and said something before MCE?

And if she was all done with the business and had to be dragged back, now that the motivation is supposedly out of the picture, then what is her motivation for a fifth album?

I've learned that people and their motivations and desires change. I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, or even 3 months ago. The things that are important to me change constantly. I don't expect any different for anyone else, and I don't expect to be able to know what motivates Alizée or what she thinks.

Just disconnected thoughts I've been mulling over today....