View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
LOL of course you dont! I will only say one thing on your hoax subject as for I will not indulge ludicrous ... we have a reflector that was placed up there that astronomers around the world use by shooting a laser at it in which tells us the exact distance the moon is relative to the earth. I don't need to elaborate any further!
Ludicrous as in there is absolutely no evidence that a man has set foot on the moon. There is a very convincing counter-argument to any "proof" that has been produced. That includes the laser ranging experiments which have been successfully performed before the Russians or the Americans even claimed to have left any material on the moon. They also have been performed using Russian unmanned mission equipment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_L...ing_experiment

Some claim that an increased precision can be achieved by using Apollo retroreflectors, but I would say this is not a very strong evidence that a man has walked on the moon.

Quote:
You forgot about Apollo 1 in your statement!
Apollo 1?? I don’t really care about Apollo missions that were not meant to go to the moon. You seem to think that going to the moon and landing on it was a risk of heroic proportion. This is not verified by facts (the official “facts”, that is) as all the astronauts that have orbited the moon (including Apollo 8 and 10) or walked on it, apparently did return to earth alive. Even the Hollywoodesque Apollo 13 did return the 3 crewmen alive. So, where do you get that it was so perilous to go to the moon? What is it that Neil did that was so heroic and that could not have been done by any other trained mission commander astronaut?