View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

There is always an event that makes it clear that a shift has occurred. This picture did it for me. In order for you to understand, I have to explain how I perceived the picture (the first fractions of a second).

As I began to look at the picture (before I recognized anything in it), I was visually drawn to the tattoos on the lower half of her arm. The first thought that flashed through me mind was "UGLY." Then I began to notice that they looked familiar. Then I kind of had a sense that one was Sailor Moon, and I looked up and saw Alizée. Then wow flashed through my mind as I noticed how beautiful she was in it, and that her look reminded me of photos taken of her many years ago.

This describes my initial "experience" of the photo. What makes me sad is that, for the first time, I looked at Alizée and the first thought was "ugly." I'm sorry, but that is just sad. Her right arm is simply a mess.
I had mentioned sometime ago I had seen a gif of Alizee from her latest trip to Mexico. It was from when she was sitting in the center of the stage where the show took place and they were apparently interviewing her. The gif was of a scene where she raised her arm up to wave to the crowd and when she raises her arm up the tatoos become visible and your attention is immediately drawn to the tatoos. No matter how many times it replays, as soon as she raises her arm, you can't help but look at the tatoos.

It's like the mind knows what the body is supposed to look like, and when it detects something is wrong, it's attention is immediately drawn to it. So matter how much you'd like to just ignore them and just concentrate on the rest of the picture or let's say a performance, it's next to impossible.