View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Shows how much you know, Popular Mechanics is used often as a source on many engineering peer reviewed journals! Quit while you are behind you are making a fool of yourself! Also you saw who said the quotations I quoted ... so we can sit here all day long dick measuring on the internet but truth be told you don't know more than Neil, you don't know more than Buzz, you don't know more than Gene Kranz, and you sure as hell don't know more than me!
I am going to put those quotes up on this page too so everyone can see what a fool you are!
http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...n-mars/4318170
Quote:
* Neil Armstrong, commander, Apollo 11: Prior to igniting the lunar module's descent engine to initiate the trajectory toward the lunar surface, I had been timing our angular rate over the craters on the surface below to calculate our altitude. I noted that, at ignition, we were somewhat west of our intended starting location. I inferred that our entire trajectory and landing point would be somewhat west of our planned landing spot.
Quote:
* Aldrin: We got the first 1202 alarm. So we look at each other, and we know it's in the guidance and navigation dictionary, but rather than try and get it out while the module is making a powered descent, Neil asked them what's the reading on the 1202 alarm. Then we got a 1201.
Quote:
* Charlie Duke, astronaut, capsule communicator (CAPCOM), White Team, Mission Control: I was shocked. Actually, "stunned" is a better word. I started reaching for my guidance and navigation checklist to see what a 1201 and a 1202 was. And, of course, Steve Bales knew immediately and didn't hesitate very long to say, "We're go on those alarms, Flight."
Quote:
* Kranz: Dick Koos, our simulation supervisor, gave us the 1201 and 1202 alarms. Steve [Bales] had never seen this before. During the simulation, they had an abort, which was his call.
Quote:
* Garman: Gene Kranz sat us all down and said, "I want you to figure out every possible alarm code that can happen in flight so that we're prepared." In those days, there was no such thing as desktop computers. So I wrote down all the alarm codes on a sheet of grid paper, with crib notes on what they meant and what our response should be. And I stuck it under the plexiglass of the console I was to sit at. And, lo and behold, one of them--well, a couple of them--popped up during the actual landing.
Quote:
* Eyles: What led to [the alarms] was an obscure mismatch deep in the electronics--two signals that should have been locked together in phase were only locked together in frequency. That hardware glitch involved the rendezvous radar, which really wasn't needed during the descent to the moon.
Quote:
* Ward: The computer was simply saying, "Hey, I've got more than I can handle, but I'm gonna do the important things, so don't worry about it."
Quote:
* Armstrong: The powered descent was the most challenging segment of the flight. The systems were heavily loaded, the margins were slim, and this would be the first time that the entire descent strategy would be fully tested. A decade earlier, while I was flying in the X-15 program, we learned, surprisingly, that all the pilots, while flying the X-15, had heart rates between 145 and 185. It reflected the mental intensity appropriate for a challenging situation. The Apollo data seemed to correlate well with our prior experience.
Quote:
* Carlton: I had a stopwatch. I'm looking at it, and at the same time I'm looking at the altitude, and I can see it's still a long way down. I didn't know it, but the guys were flying over a crater. We call up 30 seconds. I'm thinking there's no way we're going to make it.
Also watch this, maybe you can argue with these great men too and tell them how they are also wrong lol!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rqQW-tmQRos" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

And don't be mad at the other members because I made a fool out of you (no you made a fool out of yourself) and now you are the laughing stock of anyone who reads this thread! You know im an Aerospace Engineer and very passionate about this field and I warned you i would make a fool out of you and now that I did you seem to be putting this forum down ... you feel like a big boy? Next time when someone tells you they are actually a near expert on a subject (and you knew I wasn't bullshitting) you should head the warning and not try to argue. By the way your last post is bullshit just like your others! Go watch Bart Sibrel, you seem to be just as smart and informed as him!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 09-06-2012 at 04:19 PM..