View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Tatoo Discussion For Those Opposed

I'm starting this thread so people who are pro tattoos can discuss anything they want to about her tatoos in the existing tatoo thread and not have to listen to comments from those who are against them. Her tatoos have been and will continue to be a very controversial subject. I'd like to contain the controversy to one thread. The main problem has been pictures or videos pop up in other threads and people make comments on them and it's no longer contained. So if people want to make a comment on her tatoos that is con as opposed to pro, please only do it in this thread. So if you are pro, I urge you to move on now and not read further.

So I'd like to discuss the ACDLA video that just came out. It's something I really would have enjoyed if it wasn't for the tatoos. Worse part is they show up very early, front row, center stage. You can't miss them and for me, it leaves me shaking my head and with a bitter taste in my mouth. Then the video progresses and I start to get back into it, but then the tats come back.
To me that arm is just an ugly mess now. You can attatch that mess to the most beautiful girl in the world and put it in beautiful surroundings and it's still a mess and in my opinion, it ruins the whole picture. It's something I don't want to see one inch of in her videos. It doesn't surprise me that she doesn't realize it, but I'm terribly surprised and disappointed that Sony didn't realize it or chose to do nothing about it.

I've had a lot of faith in Sony in producing this album. I thought with all their experience, all their tools, all their assets, they'd come up with a really good product and in the case of this video, they were very close, but they let something as obvious as the nose on your face ruin it.

I've said in the past at work on days when we get done early, I'll drag out my laptop near the end of the shift and on so many occassions I'd watch Alizee videos and I usually watch them in a prominent place where all could see, but in the past couple of years, when watching videos such as from Les Enfoires, there might only be a little bit of a tatoo showing, but still I find myself being more secretive of these videos because I don't know how to explaiin how such a beautiful girl, could do this to herself.

This latest video is one I'd love to show off at work, if it wasn't for the tats. I will doctor it and will come up with something I enjoy and will be proud to show.

Maybe it's a case where I'm too old fashioned, too old hat, too far behind the times, to passe, to unwilling to accept change, that I don't realize the newer generations will embrace a video like this. If that is the case, I thought about apologizing for my views, but that would be wrong. What ever the reasons I have for my views, what ever shaped my opinions, I have to state them, just like everyone else here should state theirs. In the end, I might be right, or I could be way wrong. Only time will tell.

I do wish her and Sony success on the path they are choosing to travel down, but if I see them taking a step in what I percieve to be the wrong direction whether with tats or something else, I will say so.

Last edited by BrianO1; 12-12-2012 at 11:10 AM..