View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I don't care for the tattoos either, but I don't think they are a career breaker. People in the music industry are used to seeing tattoos. For my own personal sense of taste, I simply don't care for tattoos in general, but I'm not disgusted by them either. I've seen a few tattoos that I actually thought were pretty cool, but Alizée's newer ones seem so "unworthy" of the canvas they are painted on. No doubt her tattoos have meaning for her, but to me they look a bit silly and as a group, they lack artistic appeal.

When I saw her in that dress in the video she looked like such a classic beauty, until my eyes settled on her arm. It just looked so out of place and it detracted from the overall image of classic beauty. There are definitely situations where her tattoos don't seem to fit the image she is going for.

But in conclusion, I don't think the tattoos have any significant affect on her singing career, good or bad, but I still feel that for my taste, many of them are unattractive. But my decision to buy an Alizée CD will never be based on her tattoos, and I think most people who like her music will feel the same.