View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
Okay, so before reading any reactions I just want to say that I absolutely love this. No, it isn't classy or cute, but that's not what the magazine is for in the first place. It's campy, funny, sexy, and to be honest I'm looking forward to the rest of the pictures. Taking it all in, every detail is a reference to American horror films. I don't know how many of you are into American horror but for me this cover is, like I said, campy and fun.

("campy" meaning "providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities")

I can see her having a blast with this shoot, I know I would have.

Now that I have read reactions, take heart and get your sense of humor back out guys. She isn't trying to send any "message", and I really don't think she's "poking fun" at America, American pop stars, or anybody. I see the shoot as a fun homage to American horror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
She now is in no position to poke fun at others.
Do you really think so? I think she is 100% comfortable with herself, doing what she wants, and having fun. That seems like the perfect position to poke fun at others from.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 12-28-2012 at 03:40 PM..