View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Well, that kind of lie could be a good help, if ACDL begin to have some succes and people who completly forgot her are attracted by her again. That the kind of thing you want to ear when you wonder what she could have done all this years...
I understand that the goal was to promote Alizée and hide certain facts about her career, but I think this is going beyond what is acceptable. It is not like I don’t expect such a show to hide certain aspects and embellishment reality here and there, but as far as I am concerned, to actually say something so far from the truth is an insult to Alizée’s fans (the few that are still following her) and a lack of respect for the audience.

Also, if Alizée truly wants to have the career she is having now and if she is not interested in putting more time and efforts into it (which is certainly her prerogative), then she should be honest about it and refuse to play that sort of game. Maybe she had little to do with the statement, but since these shows are usually highly scripted in advance, she could have asked for change, or, at least, she could have easily slipped a little truth into her reply if she had wanted to. I don’t like to see Alizée participate in her promotion on the basis of false pretense. Most popular artists lie about certain aspect of their life or career so to increase their popularity and I expect that, but I am just not a fan of lying to that extent.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-06-2013 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Added clarification